The hospitality scene on and around Exmoor is outstanding – we should know! After all we are the organisers of the Exmoor Food Fest….
All year round, restaurants and pubs offer amazing food with locally source produce. Low food miles guarantee freshness, and more often than not you will find a list of the local producers on the back of a menu.
There are also great foodie events (did we mention the Exmoor Food Fest???) from tasting dinners to food fairs which offer a great and unique experience. It’s well worth staying a few days on Exmoor just for the food! And you can always do some of the great activities from mountain biking, to hiking, to coasteering or whatever else you fancy, to burn off some calories.
Here are our latest posts relating to Food & Drink on Exmoor:
- Award-winning Devon restaurant pops up in SomersetLa Petite Bouchée kicks off new Exmoor Supper Club in Porlock Vale Allerford, Porlock.– Award-winning Devon restaurant La Petite Bouchée will serve up a Mediterranean Feast on Friday, 15 July 2022, at the launch of the Exmoor Supper Club in Allerford near Porlock. Exmoor4all, who also organise the Exmoor Food Fest, have set up the … Continue reading Award-winning Devon restaurant pops up in Somerset
- Exmoor Supper Club: Mediterranean FeastThe first Exmoor Supper Club will take place on 15 July 2022 when Anita-Clare Field, Chef/Patron of La Petite Bouchée in Witheridge, Devon, and her team come to cook a five-course Mediterranean feast in Allerford, Somerset. La Petite Bouchée has been a firm favourite with Exmoor Food Fest diners over the past years, and now … Continue reading Exmoor Supper Club: Mediterranean Feast
- The Buttery at MalmsmeadA mystical valley surrounded by peaceful walks in the countryside made famous by RD Blackmore. The Lorna Doone Valley was made famous by RD Blackmore in his famous novel Lorna Doone. Today you can enjoy the extensive walks, bridleways and tea room, or stay longer at the Cloud Farm Campsite where you can sleep underneath … Continue reading The Buttery at Malmsmead
- La Petite BouchéeWe are delighted that La Petite Bouchée will be joining us again for the Exmoor Food Fest – please have a look what they are saying about themselves: Welcome to La Petite Bouchée our multi-award winning French Brasserie located in rural heartlands of North Devon. We’re absolutely delighted to be taking part in our … Continue reading La Petite Bouchée
- Chefs for Hope Tasting Dinner at Knowle Manor19 NOV 2019: TASTING DINNER AT KNOWLE MANOR Six Chefs – Six Courses Followed by an Auction of Promises. In aid of MIND in Somerset. £85.00 per ticket (£25.00 wine flight optional) 7pm for 7.30pm Chefs for Hope are organising a Tasting Dinner in support of the local charity MIND in Somerset which will take … Continue reading Chefs for Hope Tasting Dinner at Knowle Manor
- Jam and Cream? Or Cream and Jam?This weekend the 2017 Afternoon Tea Week comes to an end. Time to ask the question yet again: Do you put jam first on your scones or do you prefer it the other way round? Let’s find out in this fun poll:
- Time for tea…. and scones…It’s #AfternoonTeaWeek – a good enough excuse (should you need one) to go on a Cream Tea trail on Exmoor. There are many outstanding tearooms and gardens on Exmoor. Which one is your favourite? Post your photos on our Facebook page!
- Secret Location Dining on Exmoor: A Mediterranean FeastJoin us for our second Secret Location Dining event for an evening of good food, a stunning location and a bit of a mystery where we are going to take you! If you are dreaming of a sunny holiday in the Mediterranean, of eating delicious, freshly prepared food in a Taverna with a glass of … Continue reading Secret Location Dining on Exmoor: A Mediterranean Feast
- Foodies invited to join in with Exmoor Food FestivalA FOOD festival designed to help showcase Exmoor’s top chefs, growers and producers launches next month (February, 2017), and more restaurants than ever have signed up for the Exmoor Food Fest. Top pubs and restaurants will be offering specially priced menus on selected days during February to encourage diners to eat out as part of … Continue reading Foodies invited to join in with Exmoor Food Festival
- Exmoor Food Fest 2017: The Countdown begins!Celebratory Dinner to countdown to Exmoor Food Fest 2017 Join us on 21 September 2016 at 7pm for the Exmoor Food Fest 2017 Media Launch at Knowle Manor Claire’s Kitchen is serving up an Exmoor Feast! 5 courses for £50.00 Claire’s Kitchen Elderflower Cocktails on arrival Canapes including crispy wonton with blue swimmer crab, poached … Continue reading Exmoor Food Fest 2017: The Countdown begins!